"Indifference" to "Purpose"


Indifference was just a girl making bad choices, going through the motions of life.  When in high school, Indifference got involved in drugs and alcohol and did pretty much whatever I wanted.  Indifference was the party girl, had no rules and thought life couldn’t get any better.

I was just a girl living my life.  I might have gone to college.  I might not have.  I probably would have continued drinking and doing drugs.  I might have killed myself or someone else because of it.  I probably would have gotten married and had kids.  I might have gotten pregnant before I was ready.  I might have been ok.  I was going through the motions of life.  That’s what you do.  That’s what life is.  That’s what I thought.

One Friday night my plans fell through and a girl invited me to church.  I went to service and a man called me out of my seat.  That night I became a Christian.  I had no idea what that meant.  God would show me.  He began to reveal His purpose in my life.   I wasn’t created for mere existence, but for fellowship with God.  I had a destiny that He already knew, a plan and a purpose that was His.  I don’t know the complete plan.  I do know that I was created in His image and He called me to be His witness to the ends of the earth.

God gave me a purpose.  I was just a girl.  A girl going the wrong way, living life day to day, going through the motions.  Just living.  Then my Creator took my hand and led me another way.  He showed me who I was.  He revealed Himself to me.

Signed,
Purpose

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Icons