Desperate to Restored


I’ll never forget lying on my mother’s bed feeling so alone and desperate for a loving touch. I was in the midst of depression.  I had been struggling with depression for quite some time before I got to this point.  I had spent months wallowing in self pity, feeling like I was worthless and just not good enough.  I needed assurance and I needed to feel like no matter how good or bad I was at whatever I thought I wasn’t good enough for, that I was accepted, and loved, and full of worth.  I cried out to the Lord that night. I had blocked Him out of my life for so long; ashamed at the way I was living, feeling like I could hide from Him as long as I didn’t call on Him.  But the Lord knows me way too well.  He knew I would come back, and He was waiting. As I cried out to Him in desperation that night, needing a touch from Him, I could physically feel a presence so close around my body that I knew the Lord was literally covering me with His presence.  Any time I ever think I might doubt the Lord; there is no way to forget that real, physical experience. That was MY MOMENT WITH THE KING.  After that experience I learned that it’s when I am seeking after Him with all my heart, willing to give up all the control I have to let Him come in and take over, that He will reveal Himself to me in ways that I have not known before. It sometimes takes pure desperation to get us to that point.  

Through these difficult times in my life, the Lord showed me what His character is made of.  How He is so strong.  He is the ultimate man of my dreams.  He is my hero.  

I think that sometimes the FEAR of what we THINK Satan or the world may do to us, may outweigh our love for the Lord and our opinion of who He is.  Once we get rid of all our opinions about who the Lord is, and just learn to know who He is and His character as truth, we will get rid of our burdens, and have hope for our destiny.  Once that happens, we can start living for our futures in the Lord’s Kingdom instead of in the despair of our past and even present circumstances.

When we choose to know God, we can begin to learn of His ways, and see things His way. From our own view, our circumstances will look bleak. We will not see the way out.  We will be stuck in despair.  When we jump on the Lord’s wings and see things from His view, we will see hope, and how He is bringing us through.

When we go through these restoration experiences, they prove to be our testimonies. That is our way into the lives of those who have never felt the touch of the Lord.  It’s hard for unbelievers to understand the stories from the Bible, but it’s not hard for them to understand OUR story.  Our story is their passage way into the realm of the one true, real God. When they can see with their own eyes what God has done in our lives, then they can grasp how the Lord can be real to them, in their lives. That’s all that people want. They don’t want some made up, high in the sky god.  They want something real, and tangible.  They want something that they can count on, and we can show them that is our God!  So believe the Word of the Lord when He tells you that these trials that you are facing are not to make you lose hope and get discouraged, but to know that you are preparing the way for others who may struggle with the same trials.  The Lord knows our strengths and He will never give us more than we can handle.  Once we have victory over our trials, we can help others going through the same things and show them that victory is a certainty with Christ.  1 Peter 1:6-7 

Signed,
Restored

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Icons