Imprints of a Journey


On this journey called life, my story begins
with childhood memories and colorful dreams
 Seeds of truth planted
His voice then, a whispering breeze,
"Look to me My child, I am everything you need"

The teenage years came
with insecurities ever strong
yet he drew me into His arms
and showed me where I truly belong

A season in college, decisions to make
completely uncertain of which path to take
as I lifted my eyes, He showed me His way
It was on His path I knew I must stay

Beginning to see a world broken and dying
smiles on faces, yet souls desperately crying
for the truth and hope only found in the One
Who lived in me - the eternal, beloved Son
Oh, the weight of His love for them! Yes, I could
be  a voice, a touch....that might lead them to Him! 

I soon walked down the aisle, taking my groom’s hand
a whole new life we would soon understand 
A covenant established, the vows exchanged
two souls united, never to be the same

Becoming one, such beautiful mystery
while facing ourselves, with every frailty
Seeing God’s strength overcome what is weak,
knowing with all certainty, He is everything we need

This journey then brought me to a delicate place
where I learned a very personal meaning of grace
as secrets uncovered a beloved sister's pain
 the truth discovered soon became a family's disdain

Harsh words spoken, the tears softly flowed
bondage was broken, while disbelief was shown
Heartbreak and loss, felt all around
understanding just could not seem to be found

Yet forgiveness, it flows where His mercy grows
His loved healed her heart, and taught me to let go
I hear His voice speaking in moments of grief,
“I am still everything You and they need”

Two precious sons, filling our arms
joyful exhaustion, while smiling at all their charms
Learning to lay down our lives everyday
knowing it is us who must show them the way

Oh Lord Jesus, I give you all the praise
Thank you for leading me all of my days
On this journey called life, it is You I seek
for truly You have been and will be
everything I could hope for… everything I need

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Icons